now browsing by month
We had a great time today on Free Advice Friday talking about Author Events. Some of the key points from our chat:
- Book your event at least 60 days in advance
- Take responsibility for every aspect of your event. Don’t leave anything to chance or the bookstore.
- Drop by the store 5-6 weeks before you signing and discuss signage, calendar listing, newsletter announcements and invitations with the manager.
- Don’t be shy! Send out invitations and ask for RSVPs!
- Print up postcards, bookmarks or flyers for the store to give out.
- Break up your event with numerous short readings to grab numerous new customers and make the most of your time.
- Some signings are slow with few attendees. Don’t take it personally. Keep going!
There was A LOT more, so if you want to hear the entire chat, here is this week’s recording. Enjoy!